Exporting devices to Azure IoT Central#
If you have device entities in Coiote DM that you would like to manage via the Azure IoT Central, you may use the export functionality. Follow the instruction below to learn how to do it in four basic steps:
- Create a device
- Create a group of devices for export
- Export your Coiote DM devices to CSV
- Import the CSV file to Azure IoT Central
Create a device entity in Coiote DM#
If you don't have any devices in your Coiote DM Device Inventory, follow these instructions to add one or more devices.
- In the Coiote DM Device Inventory, select Device Creator.
- In the next screen, choose the Connect your LwM2M device directly via the Management server.
- In the Device credentials step, provide a name for your device, then select
NoSecfrom the Security mode list and click Add device.
- In the pop-up window, click Confirm to add your device entity. Now it should be listed in Device Inventory.
Create a group of devices for export#
Now that you have some devices added, you need to insert all the devices to be exported into a common group for ease of configuration.
- In Coiote DM, go to Device Inventory, filter the devices you would like to export and use the Add to group action.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select Add to new group, provide a name for the group and click Confirm.
Export your devices to CSV#
You are now ready to export your devices.
- In the Device groups panel, select your group of devices for export and click the Actions tab.
- Under Management, select the Export devices to Azure IoT Central.
In the pop-up window:
- mark Skip already exported devices optionally if you have already exported some of the devices belonging to this group.
- select Export to CSV.
After a moment, the export operation should finish and a CSV file should start downloading.
Import the CSV file to Azure IoT Central#
Once you have the CSV file downloaded, you can use it to import the devices into Azure IoT Central.
- From the left pane of your Azure IoT Central account, choose Devices and select a device template into which you want to import the devices.
- Select Import.
- In the pop-up that appears, select the previously downloaded CSV file.
- The import process should start. Its status can be tracked in the Device Operations panel in the top right-hand corner.
- Once the import process is complete, a success message should appear. If there are any errors, a log file will be generated in Device Operations that you can download.
To learn more about importing device entities to Azure IoT Central, click here.