Importing devices to Coiote DM#
If you would like to migrate any device entities from your Azure IoT to the Coiote DM platform for full management possibilities, follow the instruction below.
- Configured and working Azure IoT Hub integration extension (see Configuring the Azure IoT Hub integration extension for details).
Add devices to Azure IoT Hub#
If you don't have any device entities added in your Azure IoT Hub, follow these steps to learn how to do it:
- In your Azure IoT Hub account, under Explorers, select IoT devices.
- In the panel, click +New.
- Provide device ID in the relevant field and click Save.
- Your added devices should be visible in IoT devices under Explorers:
Sync your devices#
In order to establish communication and data flow between device entities in Azure IoT Hub and their Coiote DM counterparts, you need to sync them.
- Go to Device inventory, click the Sync with IoT platform button and select Azure IoT Hub.
In the pop-up window:
provide the WHERE clause of the device twin SQL query to filter your devices using chosen tags and properties (to read more about SQL query, check the IoT Hub query language section of Azure IoT Hub documentation. For instance, you can filter by device location region and device status with the following clause:
tags.location.region = 'US' AND status = 'enabled'
click Count queried devices to check the number of devices that meet the specified conditions (the number is shown inside the Sync devices button)
- to skip filtering and synchronize all the available devices, leave the WHERE clause input field empty.
- click Sync devices to start the synchronization.
After successful import, the devices should be listed in Device inventory.
Now that your devices are synchronized, after their successful connection to the Coiote DM platform, you should be able to see the updated device twin properties in Azure IoT Hub.
If the device twin parameters are not up-to-date after syncing, try the refresh data model action on the device.