To enable communication and data flow between the Azure IoT Hub and Coiote DM platforms, you first need to integrate them using the Hyperscaler Integration Center in Coiote DM. Follow the instructions below to learn how to do it.
- An active IoT Hub with hub owner access permissions. Check here how to create a hub.
- A Coiote DM user account with permissions to use the Hyperscaler Integration Center.
- An active Azure Blob Storage account (creating a new dedicated account for the integration is required).
Get the IoT Hub connection string#
The Azure IoT Hub connection string is required in the integration process. Here is how to obtain it:
In your IoT Hub general view, go to Shared access policies:
From the list of policies, click the
From the keys section, click the copy icon for the Primary connection string and paste it into Notepad or any other safe place to keep it for later.
For detailed information about the IoT Hub permissions, please visit the Control access to IoT Hub section of the Azure IoT Hub documentation.
Get the Azure Blob storage connection string#
For the integration to work properly, it is required to have an empty Azure Blob storage account dedicated exclusively for the integration.
An Azure Blob storage connection string is required in the integration process. Here is how to obtain it:
- In your Azure Blob storage account, go to Access keys.
- Click Show keys, click the copy icon next to the connection string and paste it into Notepad or any other safe place to keep it for later.
Set up the Azure IoT Hub integration#
Use the obtained credentials to establish the integration between Coiote DM and your Azure IoT hub:
- In your Coiote DM user account, go to Integrations → Hyperscaler Integration Center
- In the Integrations tab, find the Azure IoT Hub tile and click Connect.
- In the dialog window, paste the previously copied IoT Hub connection string and Azure Blob storage connection string into the relevant fields.
- click Save to keep the setting.
Your integration should now be established. To get the integration up and running, try synchronizing devices with Azure IoT Hub